Ooopsie!!! It’s almost the end of January, and I haven’t made my new year’s resolutions yet. I guess it’s not too late (as it’s still January). And I’m sure a wise man once said “BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!”
Deciding to ONLY set fun, crafty resolutions last year was a brilliant idea – no worrying, no guilt, no disappointments, no shame, no stress!
So, there’ll be no dull diet plans or excruciating exercise itineraries for me in 2013..... just lots of crafty capers and arty adventures - AGAIN!!!
How did I do with last year’s resolutions? Here’s a quick review:
1. Learn to crochet. Well, I did! I’m still just a newbie, but I’ve completed a few crochet projects now – and you can tell what they’re meant to be. So, tick!
2. Make more things for myself (including some clothes). I’ve knitted myself a few bits and bobs to wear, and I’ve made myself some jewellery. But I haven’t sewn myself any clothes (which was what I intended last January). So, yes and no to this one.
3. Make more (and hopefully buy less) greetings cards. Tick! I have made more cards (especially Christmas cards) and bought less. I could still do better, though.
4. Have a go at knitting things that are not just sewn-up rectangles. Yes! I’ve knitted a few things using circular needles, and a few things that aren’t rectangles or squares.
5. Experiment with making more home accessories. Tick! Lots of cushions, a few papercrafty things to hang on the wall, baby quilts, different kinds of Christmas decorations..... I would have liked to have experimented with more new patterns and ideas, though.
6. Improve my photography skills. I think I have. I feel more confident in using my camera now.
7. Post more tutorials on my blog. Sadly, no. Sorry! I only posted one last year. That’s shameful, I know! Must do better!!!
Bearing my review of 2012, and thinking of what else I’d like to achieve, I came up with my CRAFTY RESOLUTIONS FOR 2013:
1) Post more tutorials on my blog!
2) Make some clothes for myself (sewing).
3) Learn to follow a proper crochet pattern.
4) Make more greetings cards – for different occasions.
5) Expand the range of things I make to sell (including adding more home accessories).
6) Venture into the kitchen to do some baking.
7) Try out some crafts that I’ve never tried before.
If you have any suggestions for number 7, I’d love to hear from you!
Let’s see how this year’s resolutions go.....
I’m off to make a start right now.....
P.S. Who else is IN LOVE with their Mollie calendar?