Monday 4 July 2011

Sewing Club Successes

Without fully considering the enormity of the challenge that lay ahead, I offered to lead an after-school sewing club for 5 to 7 year-olds.  I know what you’re thinking!!!

The first few weeks were slow-going (I wouldn’t be exaggerating if I used the phrase ‘one step forwards, FIVE steps back’)!

However, at the risk of sounding ever-so cheesy, I have to say that I REALLY admired the girls’ enthusiasm for sewing, and the concentration and determination they put into learning something new.  I learnt something from THEM in that respect!

Considering how slow progress was at the start of the term, I was REALLY proud of the girls’ finished projects!  So, I thought I’d show you the little bookmarks they made.....


Aren’t they cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...