I’ve been absent from the blogosphere for a while (my last two posts were pre-scheduled), but now I’m back.
Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who visited me here while I was away – and an extra BIG thank you to those of you who left lovely messages. And, secondly, I wanted to apologise for not visiting or leaving comments over at your homes-on-the-web while I’ve been away. I’m looking forward to spending some time this weekend catching up on what you’ve all been up to!
Well, what have I been up to???
We had our half-term break, and went off on our travels! We went to France for the week, with some friends. We stayed at their auntie’s cottage, in the Cognac region (in the southwest). It was a looooooong drive – 6 hours one day and 5 the next. But it was well worth it! We had a brilliant time!!!
Then, since we’ve been back, we’ve had a pretty awful time. Simon was in hospital for a very long and very scary week. He’s back at home with me now - and feeling a lot better. Thank goodness!!! But I don’t want to dwell on anything horrible here – my blog’s meant to be a happy place! So I’m going to tell you about our little trip instead.....
Here are our holiday highlights:
- Eating fresh croissants every morning
- Touring the Hennessy cognac factory (with tasters, of course)
- Cycling around countryside lanes (past vineyards and tiny villages and beautiful chateaus)
- Befriending a local dog (‘Pinpon’ decided he wanted to live with us for a day – and we didn’t object)
- Playing games in the evening, in front of the fire
- Romping over Europe’s biggest sand dune (near Arcachon)
- Eating ice-cream sundaes – at the beach – in the sunshine – with no coats – IN OCTOBER (in La Rochelle)
- People-watching in Bordeaux
- Taking lots and lots and lots of photos
... and here are my favourites:
[home for the week]
[our new friend]
[a beautiful chatteau]
[blue sky and autumn leaves]
[a charming cobbled street]
[a pretty window]
[heaps and heaps of sand]
[enjoying our trip]
Thank you, Vicki and Jon, for a wonderful week!!! X
Right, I’m off to put the kettle on, grab a biscuit (or two) and pay some of you a visit.....