Friday 17 June 2011

A New Crafty Hobby

I’ve just discovered a BRILLIANT new crafty magazine, called ‘Making’!  My parents brought me issue 8 (‘The Paper Issue’) when they visited us in Düsseldorf a few weeks ago.  And I LOVE it!!!  Thanks Mom and Dad!!!  It’s packed full of exciting projects, interesting articles, and..... well, just GORGEOUS things in general!  It has a really clean, modern look, and covers loads of different crafts.  The magazine is divided into 6 sections:  making for living; making for the outdoors; making for the kitchen; making for the bathroom; making for the wardrobe; and making techniques.  Each section is colour-coded, and I think this enhances the clarity of the magazine’s layout, makes it more user-friendly, and – most importantly - looks pretty!
The MOST exciting thing about it, though, is that it introduced me to a new craft – paper cutting.  It’s great!  I already had a cutting mat and HEAPS of paper at home.  So, all I needed to buy was a cheap scalpel.  Then I could get started straight away!  I used the templates from the magazine to make these super-cute pictures:

The instructions were simple to follow, and it was surprisingly easy to get pleasing results from my first attempt. 

So, a new hobby that’s inexpensive, fairly simple for a beginner to get in to, and heaps of fun!  You should try it!!! 
I feel a trip to IKEA coming on – I need some frames so I can put the pictures up on the wall in my little crafty corner!  I love their colourfulness, sweetness and fairytale-ness!!!  They will DEFINATELY make me smile as I work! 
Next, I’d like to have a go at the design on the front cover of the magazine:

But..... something tells me that it’s going to be a tad more of a challenge than the others!  I’ll let you know how I get on.....
So, if you enjoy crafts – of any kind – I’d really recommend you check out ‘Making’.  Issue 9 is on sale now.  I think you should be able to get it from most big newsagents and supermarkets in the UK.  You can also order copies online (www.makingmagazine.com).
I’m totally hooked, and have just ordered 5 back issues!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...