I did it!!! I survived the preparations for my Crafted by Carly Open House Party!!! It went ahead on Thursday and, all in all, it was pretty successful. I was a little bit disappointed that more people didn’t pop in to have a browse. I decided to have it on a week-day-evening, as I thought people might be busier at weekends at this time of year. Maybe I’ll try the weekend next time, and see if that makes a difference. BUT, those who did stop by seemed to really enjoy the get-together. The glühwein went down very well indeed (and the house still smells of it – mmmmmmm)! I got lots of positive feedback from people about my things, and some suggestions about things I could add to my list of ‘things I make for selling purposes’, and I managed to sell quite a lot of my bits and bobs. "THANK YOU!!!" to those of you who were here!!!
Here are some photos of my makes for the event.....
There were lots of things for the grown-ups:
[Felt Flower Corsages]
And some things for the little ones:
[Little Girls' Bags]
And, of course, some Christmassy thingies:
[Little Christmassy Houses]
[I like how they looked all hanging up together!!!]
Here's how my dining room looked on the night of the party:
And what did I learn from my experience?
· I was right to start setting up the day before (it took me AAAGES to get everything looking as I wanted it to look).
· It was good to have someone there to help out with serving drinks and letting people in (S was my little helper on this occasion), so that I could be free to chat about my things and generally mingle with people. S thought he should wear just his trousers and a bowtie for his job on the evening, but we decided against that idea. Maybe next time???
· I need to get better at talking about the things I make. I like them (of course – or I wouldn’t make them), but find it really difficult to ‘sell’ them to other people. Any tips there???
· Perhaps the day/time I chose wasn’t ideal. Next time, I’ll try a weekend. Around this time of year, it’s hard to know when most people will be free (and have husbands/babysitters at home). Tricky!!!
· I think I should have sent out more invitations. And I should have sent my advertising postcards out with them (as these show the kinds of things I make). I’m going to have a think about other options for advertising future events too. Again, does anyone have any good tips on that???
If you stopped by on Thursday, thank you SO much for being supportive. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to call in!!! And thank you to all my super blogging pals for all your words of encouragement and advice. I wish you could all have been here to share a glühwein too!!!
Until next time.....