Sunday 7 April 2013

Crocheted Dolly


Do you remember the crocheted monkey I made ages ago?  You can read all about him here.  He was my first ever finished crochet project – and got me ‘hooked’!!!  He’s been sitting on a chair in our living room, looking a bit lonely (and with nobody to play with when he comes to life at night – which, of course, he does).  So, I decided to make him a little pal.

I made my monkey by following the brilliant Annaboo’s House crochet-a-long.  Sarah’s super CAL gives instructions for making a monkey, a rabbit, a cat, a mouse, a bear and a doll.  So, this time, I decided to make a little dolly.

She was a bit trickier than the monkey – especially the hair!  I spent HOURS making her ‘wig’, and then HOURS more trying to make her two (level) pigtails and tie ribbons neatly in them!  She also required some clothes (it’s still pretty chilly in Düsseldorf, after all).  I followed the dolls’ dress tutorial that Sarah suggested in the CAL, which you can find here.  It wasn’t complicated – just a little bit fiddly.  I made it reversible – red with white dots on one side, and blue with bigger white spots on the other.  Of course, she likes the red side best!

And here she is, all finished:

  


And here she is with her best pal, Mortimer:


  
They have lots of fun together!  They like to watch movies together and play on the wii, after we’ve gone to bed.
 
I haven’t given her a name yet.  Do you have any good ideas???

Hugs,

Carly

x
        

20 comments:

  1. I love her and Mortimer. A name? Ohhhh I will have to have a think about that although the name Bella came to mind when I saw her. Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new dolly is lovely ... maybe Rosie ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful, the little monkey looks as if he is enjoying having a friend. Rosie is a lovely name...or Greta...:-) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carly, well done she's wonderful and such a cute little friend for Mortimer. In fact Mortimer brings out her lovely blue yes.
    Maybe you could call her Annabelle or Annaboo. I'm sure Mortimer is happier now that he has a friend. They both look very innocent sitting there, but I bet they get up to all sorts of tricks when you're not home!!!

    Claire x
    P.S. love her cute little reversible dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. and.....aren't they just as cute as can be together. I see you are getting hitched onto the crochet too now ....its so addictive isn't it...but I love it and cannot do without it either! LOL!
    How about calling her Aranzazu which in the Basque language is Ana.

    Many thanks for your comments on my Magic come to stay post.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her and want to make one too....thank you for the links...
    How about "Tilly" i love that name...
    daisy j

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh I love her! What about the name Milly?

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is adorable and so cute she has a play mate :) Hmmm how about Dot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable and she clearly loves her interchangeable dress as she is smiling. How about Maisie. M for Mortimer and M for Maisie. Perhaps they even eat M & M's during the night, have you found any empty wrappers??? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I came upon your blog via Trebuchet...you have such a sweet aesthetic!

    I love your hooking trials...the blue monkey guy is so great...can I vote with Lazy Daisy and cockney blonde? I love Tilly or Maisie! Your girl is definitely a little bit country...in the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, I love her!! What a great job you did! You could sell those!
    Perhaps Maeve?

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is just gorgeous! I love here! I like the name Molly for a dolly...
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!! She's adorable! The reversible dress is brilliant. As for her name, I like the Maisie suggestion!
    Have a great week!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is perfect - what about Daisymay - hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  15. she's very cute, love the way you coordinated her with Mortimer! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun!

    How about Mortimer and Mabel :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet and what a wonderfully colour cordinated couple they make! :-)

    Was it tricky adding her lovely hair?

    Have a lovely weekend, Carly!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this little dolly, she is adorable! You have done such a good job, she looks so neat and pretty. I love the monkey you made too and they look so cute together. Perhaps you could call your new doll Maudie (a name I used for a doll in one of my books ages ago, and I am still very fond of it!)
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Carly.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carly... I love them! These two look like they are a very happy pair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello sweet Carly! I love your crocheted doll! You did such a beautiful job sweetie! She is so adorable and a perfect companion for Mortimer! He is adorable too! I love that they match and have fun watching movies together! They are so sweet! Love you, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...