Saturday 3 March 2012

Valentine's Presents Part 2

As promised..... my 'Valentine’s Presents Part 2' post!  I'm afraid there's not much craftiness going on in this post.  But, if you look VERY closely, you might spot a little sign of craftiness in one of the photos.  Let me know if you spy it!  ;-)

Our ‘main’ Valentine’s gift - to each other - was a stay at a Center Parcs in the Netherlands.  So, that’s where we spent our half-term break.  It was LOOOOOVELY!!!

We hired a really nice chalet, with a sauna (which we needed, as it was sooooo chilly there), a Jacuzzi, a log fire, and a pretty view over a little frozen lake.  Everything we needed for a cosy and relaxing few days away!

This was our chalet.....



We got heaps of free bread rolls delivered to our chalet every morning.  As delicious as they were, we just couldn’t get through them all before they went stale. So, I HAD to feed the ducks with the leftovers.....



There was a little farm there.....






How cute is the baby donkey?!?!

We hired bikes and did lots of bike riding around the site.  Luckily for me (as my cycling skills are pretty-much on par with my cooking skills), there were no hills (we were in the Netherlands, after all).....


We went for a night-time bike ride one evening, for an adventure!  I felt like we were in E.T., cycling through the woods at night! 

We did lots of swimming and sliding down water slides (Center Parcs pools are always amazing), played crazy golf and pool, went for walks, ate lots, watched lots of DVDs, and (mostly) just cosied up in the chalet.  Bliss!!!

And, as an extra bonus, I spotted a couple of signs that spring is on its way.....


I'll be back soon, hopefully with a more craft-related post....

Carly

x

13 comments:

  1. I spy the crafty bag! Looks like a lovely break was had. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your crafty bag too!
    I have been to center parcs in sherwood forest a couple of times and it was a fantastic break.Looks like you had a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun, and sounds sooooo relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to stay and enjoy a couple of days......

    Yes, I spied the bag too, it's very pretty, love to know what crafty things you took with you.
    I always pack a bag of different crafty projects when I go away.

    Cute little donkey in it's WInter coat......

    Enjoy your weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a fun place to stay!! Cute animals and cute bag as well!! Now I want to go on an exciting night bike ride! Spring needs to get here now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jealous!!! i LOVE donkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks wonderful! I would have enjoyed that place. Simple joys! It must have been a relaxing and rejuvenating time.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crafty bag alert.......what a lovely romantic fun place for a valentines getaway, the chalet looks cosy and comfy. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely. I would like to visit the Netherlands. I love feeding dcks. I am a big kid at heart and the pig is so cute!
    Can I also say I love your glasses and I am a teeny bit envious of your lovely long hair.
    I have read The Book of Lost Things. I read it a few years ago and I really liked it. I remember it being qite unusual and like a slightly dark fairytale.
    The bag looks lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carly...Ooh, it looks like you had such a wonderful relaxing break...Yes, I have spied the craft bag...very pretty too!...Thank you so much for visiting my blog today too...I am a new follower here and looking forward to returning!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, look at you and your beautiful long blonde hair, missus!! it's funny, I always pictured you as a blonde, but I had imagined shoulder-length locks. (Mad, but true).
    I also spied the craft bag in your second photo.
    Ha ha!
    I love Center Parks too.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! It is so nice just to get away and relax...such a pretty spot too. Thank you for your sweet comment you left me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing with us your sewing projects. I know how much time and effort it takes to not only make a garment but also to write about it and post it on a blog. I am nominating you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to http://sewruth.blogspot.com/
    collect the badge from my blog and display it on your page too. There are some rules that need to be followed which are listed on the post – Winners’ Meeting. Congratulations and thanks again. SewRuth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...