Wednesday 8 August 2012

Journaling Adventures

For the past year, I’ve been keeping a journal, noting three nice/happy/special things that I’ve done or seen each day.  I really enjoyed it and, as there were only ever a few sentences to write and there was a simple structure to follow, I completed my goal of filling it in EVERY day for a whole year.

But now I fancy a bit of a change.  And, when I discovered Christie Zimmer’s ‘Grace is Overrated’ blog, I found just what I was looking for.  Her blog is FANTASTIC!  By visiting, you can keep up with what Christie has been up to, and you can download HEAPS of printable fill-in-the-blank journal pages (and lots of other fun and cute printables too).  All 50 journal pages are free to download, and are beautifully laid-out, with cute doodles and borders that you can colour in yourself.  This is all great if you have a good printer.  But, alas, I don’t!

THEN I realised that Christie sells little journals on Etsy!  Yippeeeeeee!!!  I ordered one straight away, and my package arrived in the post last week.  

Here’s the journal:


And a sneaky peek at what's inside:



It came with a lovely little note:


And a cute little postcard-booklet to send to a friend:



AND the cutest little business card EVER – it has blanks to fill in on the back:



What a super package to receive!  Thank you, Christie!!!  I’m looking forward to another 365 day journaling adventure…..

Do you keep a journal?  If so, what KIND of journal do you write???  I'm already looking for ideas for what to do NEXT year!!!

Hope you’re having a good week!

Carly

x

5 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful and lovely journal!! Thank you for sharing. :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god this sounds incredible cute and totally addicting to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would make a lovely (and very original) gift to a dear friend.. thank you so much for sharing! I haven't had a journal since I was probably 18 or 20 (looooong time ago!) but a friend of mine suggested to write every night 5 good things about your day. She has been doing it for ages and she reckons it's very therapeutic. I think I will give it a go as well!
    But I need a pretty sweet cute journal like yours though ;)

    hugs
    federica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal, and I love the idea of writing three little things everyday! For a couple of years I used to be so disciplined and wrote in a journal almost everyday... unfortunately I've gotten out of that habit! Perhaps this might inspire me to start again! Have fun journaling, and thanks for sharing the links!

    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. The business cards are fab!! Enjoy your journalling :)

    Shelly X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!
    I used to keep a journal in the olden days and love the idea of this one- what a fabulous and beautiful thing to keep.
    Lovely!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...