As promised in my last post, I’m going to do a show-and-tell of some of the Christmas presents I made for people this year.
Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to make quite as many gifts as I did last year (being in hospital for the last two weeks before going home for the holidays threw lots of spanners into the Christmas-planning-works). It was a good job I’d started on most of my planned gift-making projects super-early!
Here are the ones I managed to finish on time.....
[a hot water bottle cover for my mom]
[a make-up case and brooch for my brother-in-law's girlfriend]
[a make-up case for my mother-in-law]
[a bag for my friend]
[a button necklace and matching bracelet for my sister]
I made a few more things that I didn't manage to photograph:
- I made another make-up bag (for my sister).....
- ..... and ANOTHER for my cousin's wife
- I made a phone case with a neck-strap for my nan (she likes to carry her phone around the house with her)
- I decorated a plain notebook for my mom (I cut up pretty spotty and stripy papers to make a little house and garden on the cover)
- I made a beaded Christmas tree bauble for my nan
Do you remember my post from aaages ago about my sister's first sewing project? Well, I decided to set her up for future projects by getting her these for Christmas:
[a little bundle of fabrics and other essential bits and bobs]
[my all-time favourite sewing project book]
[the world's cutest, pinkest sewing machine]
She was SO excited on Christmas day, when she opened the sewing machine. I can't WAIT for her to get started on some projects. And..... I can't wait to have a go on her machine!!! ;-)
Have a fantastic weekend!