I thought that reeling off all 100 in one sitting might be a bit much, though. I don’t want to bore you to tears, make you go cross-eyed, or put you to sleep! So, instead, I’m going to do this in four parts – 25 facts per post.
And here we go with the first lot:
1. I’m a primary school teacher (teaching Reception at the moment)
2. I keep a note book, especially for recording all the funny things I hear the kids at school say
[this is the book - if I ever need cheering up, reading through some of my little notes guarantees a laugh]
3. Over the years, I’ve considered the following alternative career paths: princess, ballerina, trapeze artist, and author (not sure I'd be any good at the last three, but I'm sure I'd make a great princess)
4. I tried snowboarding once, but couldn’t even stand up
5. I’ve tried skiing more than once, but each lesson ended in tears (mine – and quite possibly the instructors’ too)
6. Despite the above two points, I LOVE ski holidays (for the snow, hot chocolate, tobogganing, horse-drawn sleigh rides, and après-ski fun)
8. ..... even though I’m terrified of the sea (and any water that comes up above my knees)
9. I LOVE fish & chips (but only from proper UK fish & chip shops) – it’s the food I miss most, living abroad
10. We’re both English, but have been living in Germany for 9 years
11. I often laugh so much I cry and can’t breathe – fun AND worrying at the same time!
12. I used to be a proud band geek (I played the cornet in a brass band)
13. I also used to play the saxophone.....
14. ..... and the keyboard (which is the only musical instrument I still own)
[sadly, it's 'out of order' at the moment, because the adaptor blew up..... I think it was just sick of my awful playing!!!]
15. My favourite subjects at school were English and History.....
16. ..... and my least favourite were Science and Maths
17. My most detested household chore (and, unfortunately, Simon’s too) is ironing
18. My favourite styles of music are Southern rock and blues
19. I prefer dogs to cats
21. I rarely drink coffee
22. I love Italian and Greek food
23. I'm a VERY fussy eater!!!
[some of my little, happy red bits and bobs]
Well, that’s it for today! Now you all know me a wee bit better!
Don’t forget about my 100th post GIVEAWAY. If you missed my last post, you can find all the details HERE.....
See you soon, for another instalment of randomness!