Sunday 29 September 2013

Knitted Scarf-Thing

Once upon a time, before Christmas, I knitted a scarf-type-thing for my sister.  I intended to give it to her as one of her Christmas pressies, and put it 'safely' away.  Of course, I forgot where I'd put it!

So, I saved it up for all these months, and gave it to her for her birthday last week instead!  

Here it is.....






I didn't follow a pattern.  I just started knitting a scarf, then had the idea to add some duffle buttons and turn it into a collar-thingamybob.

I quite liked it.  And I think I might knit one for myself too, if I can remember what I did.

Am I attempting anything more difficult than rectangles of fabric in my knitting yet?  Errr..... no!!!  I must get on to that, as it was one of my crafty resolutions for 2013.....

Carly

x


10 comments:

  1. Looks very classy. I bet your sister liked it too. Have a nice Sunday evening. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I've done the same thing- "I'll put it somewhere nice and safe...." Glad you found it; it's looks cute and cozy!!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the it, the prettiest scarf ever! Great colour too xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely and the buttons finish it off nicely. Perfect autumn colour too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one who does that! The collar/scarf looks really good, and cosy too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab gift, and I LOVE the colour ... lucky gal, your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, Carly! It looks so neat and stylish, and just the right amount of coziness to wear with winter coats and jackets!
    Happy October!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous knitted scarf thing - I love the colour and so glad you found it!

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great, such a neat cowl collar thingamybob!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...