Thursday, 12 September 2013

Passport and Travel Document Wallet

Just before the summer holidays are well and truly packed away as distant memories, I wanted to show you the passport and travel document wallet I made to take to Italy.  

I get a bit stressed about packing to go away.  I'm hopeless at it!!!  I pride myself on being organised in every other aspect of life but, for some reason, just can't get it together when it comes to packing.  I always take WAY too much - half of which I KNOW I won't wear once!     

AND, in the midst of all of my fussing, I ALWAYS decide to start on a sewing project a few days before we leave.  WHY???  I don't know.  Once I just HAD to have a new beach bag to take with me.  Another time, I needed some of my little rosette pins (link to tutorial here) to match with each outfit I was taking with me.  Then there was the time I was desperate for a new toiletry bag.....  It's become a holiday tradition, in fact!   

This time, I made up my mind that the whole holiday would be a total disaster if I didn't make us a new travel document wallet.  I found the tutorial I wanted to use here.  It was pretty easy to follow, but there were lots of pieces to cut out and sew together.  So it took a while.  I was really happy with it when I was done, though.  








And, in the end, of course, I managed to finish all my packing AND my last-minute sewing project!!!  

It did a great job of looking after our passports and very important documents for us.  Who knows what would have happened to them if I hadn't SQUEEZED in this ONE last little make before we left?!?

Carly

x


12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful travel wallet I love your fabric choices - just too clever. I start my sewing classes next week so hope I will be able to follow in your footsteps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful make...I love your travel wallet and the fabrics and colours are gorgeous!
    Happy Friday Carly!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your travel wallet is just gorgeous! I love the pretty fabrics you have chosen. Pretty and practical too.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is so lovely and you definitely saved the day and undoubtedly the passports :-D
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny!! Just love the wallet! You always pick the best colors and patterns to go with each other!
    Have a fabulous weekend!!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ficou muito bonito! Adorei a combinação dos tecidos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It looks amazing :) hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Love the fabrics..Thank you for always visiting me...happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that does look like a nifty little gadget - and I love the colours/fabric you've used.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear friend, I do really wonderstand you. Like you, I'm quite organized, but, when I have to pack, I'm a complete disaster. Why? I don't really know.
    Your wallet documents is amazing, perfectly sewed! I don't dare to persecute such a target!
    Have a nice day and sew a lot!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you liked my tutorial and found it easy to follow :) I Always find it so hard to explain exactly how I do things.... Like your wallet very much!
    (btw, when it gets dirty, just throw it in the washing machine and iron when dry. Works great.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...